Best Defense Against Being Injured Or Killed By A Drug-Impaired Driver
Despite being illegal in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, impaired driving is still one of the most significant dangers on our roadways. It’s important to get smart about driving while under the influence of any kind of drug.
- Update your knowledge of drug-impaired driving, and review our resources to learn more about this dangerous driving behavior.
- If you use an impairing drug, designate a sober driver, call a cab, or use a ride-hailing service.
- Don’t let friends get behind the wheel if they’re under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- If you’re hosting a party where alcohol or other substances will be used, it’s your job to make sure all guests leave with a sober driver.
- Always wear your seat belt—it’s your best defense against impaired drivers.
- Read and follow all warning labels before driving. Take special note of warnings against operating heavy machinery, including driving any vehicle.