Business leaders also need to lead on health and safety. IOSH Leading safely aim is squarely focused on coaching you to become an effective leader for health and safety.
Uniquely, it comes with a diagnostic tool (a mobile app) to help you analyse your current Health and Safety leadership performance and, most importantly, devise action plans to improve.
The IOSH Leading Safely course is workshop based, highly personalised and focused on your organisational needs.
It complements IOSH Directing Safely which focuses on ensuring senior management are fully aware of their joint and individual health and safety responsibilities in the day-to-day running of their organisation.
IOSH Leading safely is intended for:
- Anyone with leadership responsibilities – senior managers, directors, department heads, executives, board members, business owners, CEO, trustees
- Anyone who aspires to these roles or who wants to understand the language of safety leadership
IOSH Leading safely covers the following topics:
- Diagnosing your current behaviours (using a mobile app questionnaire before the course)
- Understanding safety and health leadership, its importance and key behaviours
- Looking at when things go wrong – case studies
- Getting leadership right – case studies
- Actions and commitment – reviewing your behaviours and making personal commitments for change
IOSH Leading Safely is assessed by the quality of your personal action plan.
Why it works
- Short duration of five hours to sync with your busy schedule
- Designed in collaboration with business leaders to deliver content that adds real value
- Flexible format to fit your needs – four contact hours face-to face learning, supported by pre-course online content and an optional e-learning module
- Delegates benchmark their priorities against global models of safety
- Relevant case studies chosen to match your needs and sector
- Support before, during and after the course through the dedicated IOSH for Leaders app
What to expect
- Recognising the value of strategic safety and health and its integration into business management systems and performance management systems
- Understanding your safety and health responsibilities
- Appreciating the consequences of poor safety and health
- Planning the overall direction for safety and health in your organisation
- Understanding the importance of adequately resourcing your safety and health management system
- Knowing why you should monitor and review your safety and health performance
Top 5 business benefits
- Reduce accident rates, absence and sick leave
- Increased productivity and profits
- Improved reputation among suppliers, clients and partners
- Reduced insurance premiums and legal costs
- Better business continuity
Top 5 delegate benefits
- Sharpens your skill-set and makes you a more effective leader
- Creates understanding of good practice from around the world
- Enables bench-marking of your performance against others
- Shapes your safety and health vision
- Identifying steps to achieve your safety and health ambitions