IOSH Working Safely covers the essentials of health and safety in the workplace. It is aimed at all workers in all types of organisation. Upon successful completion of the course and assessment, students are awarded a Working Safely certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the world’s largest health and safety membership organisation.
A day can make such a difference… Working Safely is a one-day course for people at any level, in any sector, that will boost business performance and staff motivation. How? Simply by showing how everyone can enhance their safety, health and wellbeing through everyday behaviours. This is a completely different approach to safety and health training: a high-impact programme designed to be fun and inclusive. No jargon, no legalese – just inspirational learning that’s enjoyable, stimulating and effective.
Who Should Attend The IOSH Working Safely Course?
The IOSH Working Safely Course is for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding in the essentials of health and safety.
Working safely meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training and is a 100 per cent match to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘passport’ syllabus. Full of step-by-step guidance you’ll find that the highly innovative format and content inspires delegates – critical to getting essential health and safety messages across.
1. Introducing Working Safely – This module stresses the reality of human suffering behind the workplace accident statistics and emphasises the importance of personal responsibility and eliminating the myth that accidents only happen to other people.
2. Defining hazard and risk – Addressing the definitions of ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ and putting them into everyday language that everyone can understand. This particular module emphasises that even the simple tasks, those which are carried out repeatedly can go wrong with serious consequences.
3. Identifying common hazards – All the main issues are covered in this module; entrances and exits, work traffic, fire, chemicals, electricity, physical and verbal abuse, bullying, stress, noise and manual handling. Each area is back by understandable and relatable examples in recognisable scenarios.
4. Improving safety performance – This module deals with systems and processes, ensuring that any health and safety ‘jargon’ that is commonly used is explained in clear and easily understood terms. The session bridges the gap between management and the workforce, encouraging delegates to play an important part in processes they may feel are not their responsibility, but that of their manager or supervisor.
All aspects of workplace safety, such as contract work, inspections, safe systems and permits, protective equipment, signage and emergency procedures are all focused upon through the delegate’s point of view.
Why It Works
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to work safely
- Peace of mind from training that’s designed and quality controlled by us
- Flexibility of delivery that suits your business
- Internationally recognised and respected certification
- Efficient and effective learning – health, safety and environmental basics covered in a single programme
What to expect
- Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies
- Modules backed by clear examples and recognisable scenarios
- Summaries to reinforce key points
- Checklists and materials supplied for subsequent use in workplace
- Informal and interactive quizzes and discussions
- Evaluation using a multi-format question paper and a multiple choice hazard spotting exercise
- Choice of IOSH Working Safely certificate and/or the IOSH Safety Passport as proof of qualification
Top 5 business benefits
- Minimal disruption – the programme is delivered in just one day (including assessment)
- Greater productivity – fewer hours lost to sickness and accidents
- Improved organisation-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures
- Internationally recognised certification for employees
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
Top 5 delegate benefits
- Classroom courses are recognised by CSCS as equivalent to a Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (does not apply to online courses)
- Ensures delegates can define hazards and risks
- Ensures delegates can identify common hazards
- Improves overall safety performance
- Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Working Safely certiﬁcate and/or IOSH Safety Passport