Special equipment’s that might be fitted to vehicles to protect drivers
Where necessary, vehicles should also be fitted with:
A seat for the driver (and seats for any passengers).
Driver protection and restraint systems, such as:
- Roll bar or roll cage to protect the driver in the event of overturning.
- Guard to protect the driver in the event of falling objects.
Visibility aids, such as cameras and mirrors.
An audible reversing alarm to warn pedestrians.
A beacon or flashing light to warn of an approaching vehicle.
Vehicles should be:
- Suitable for their intended use.
- Suitable for the environment and conditions in which they are used.
- Maintained in safe working order.
- Only driven by suitably trained, qualified staff.
- Inspected routinely before use.